Sunday, October 19, 2008

Three Days Running

Three in a row, believe or not!
Maybe -- I won't declare it as a certainty just yet -- but maybe I'm back on track.
Ran 4.5-ish this morning.
Again, beautifully cool weather. It was 46 degrees when I started out.
Aahhh.
Now, if I could just get my diet on track.
And I don't mean I'm on a diet, I mean, I need to eat enough food. I need to ditch the Doritos and M&Ms and consume more nutritious calories and probably at least some protein every now and then. And I need to eat actual meals instead of a handful of this and a handful of that whenever I feel a bit hungry.
Today I've had two Morningstar veggie dogs, two cups of wild rice, about two cups of sweet pea salad with edamame mixed in, and three peanut butter cookies. Oh, and a handful of peanut butter M&Ms.
Remember last Sunday when I saw the copperhead on the trail?
Well, today I saw something with the potential to be even more dangerous than that deadly poisonous snake.
Instead of going to the track, I ran from home to the Duck & Run course and then kept going past the turn off to the finish line at the park and turned east on Hobbs Street to head back home.
Just as I crossed Hobbs Street northbound on Beaty, there was a woman approaching the stoplight at the intersection. You know how every now and then you see women driving along putting on mascara? Well, this woman had apparently already made up her face and now had moved on to painting her nails.
Seriously! Painting her nails.
I wish I were making this up, but I'm not.
At least with a deadly poisonous snake, you usually have to provoke it before it does any harm.

No comments: