Wednesday, October 22, 2008

5.25 pushing 30

Took Nash for a run this morning. Started at the Sportsplex at the street edge of the Kids Dugout parking lot, ran along the soccer sidewalk and into the woods, did the entire Greenway to 72 and back. 5.25 miles. (It would have been only 5 but I had to back track a bit at one point when Nash told me his toy was "back there, on the floor.")
It was a bit warmer than I would've liked, but still, it was great!
Also, for a moment I thought I had found the Swan Creek Greenway Sculptor. But it turned out to just be the Swan Creek Greenway Restoration Artist. (I saw a man up ahead arranging stones while his wife stood by, waiting. When I caught up to them I called him the Sculptor and it turns out that they just enjoy the Little Altars and he likes to stack them back up whenever they see one that has been knocked down. They seemed like a nice young couple - he's 83, she's 81.)
Isn't it wonderful how exercise makes people so much happier & friendlier?!

No comments: