Friday, October 17, 2008

Half & Half

Nash & I went for a split-in-two run on Tuesday afternoon. It really only totalled about 2.75 miles. I'd been planning to load up the jogging stroller around 5 and head over to the track with my boy when Glen King called around noon to make sure I knew about the Athens Bible School Cross Country Invitational which was to begin at 4 o'clock at the Sportsplex. (I didn't. Thanks, Glen!) Photos and results from the meet made for a few great entries to North Alabama Runner.
So, anyway, Nash & I loaded up and got to the track at 3:30, instead of 5. We ran from the Rec. Center to the woods behind the ballfield and then ran the out-and-back through the woods 1.5 times, getting to the Sportsplex just in time for the beginning of the JV two-mile race.
We stayed for both the Varsity 5Ks (the Girls ran at 4:30, the Boys at 5:10) then ran back through the woods and back to where we parked at the Rec. Center.
I had never been to a Cross Country meet before. It was a cool experience and Nash seemed to enjoy it as well. (His favorite part, of course, was the John Deere Gator that followed the last runner in each race!)

No comments: