Monday, October 13, 2008

Sprinters & Snakes

Ran four miles yesterday; the same four miles as last Sunday...with minimal improvement on the pace.
What else can I expect, though, having gotten in only one other run this week -- a scant two-miler on Wednesday morning? Two miles. Sppsshh.
That's all I had time for, really. I didn't manage to get out the door until within an hour or so of when I needed to pick up Nash from playschool.
DadburnAndDoggoneItThough!
I'm determined to get out again this afternoon. I've just finished a lunch of chicken taquitos and a Morningstar faux chicken patty...proper enough fuel when you consider my standard lunch is usually more along the lines of Doritos and M&Ms!
I'll let you know how it goes.

P.S.
I saw the most beautiful Rattle Mouth Copper Moccasin yesterday on the trail! Seriously, though...here's what it looked like:

You'd think my pace would've shown a bit more improvement after the all-out mad sprint I hit after first stopping dead still to allow Mr. Snake to cross the trail about 10 feet ahead. Eeek!
I must admit, though, Mr. (or Ms.) Snake sure was pretty...even if frightening!

No comments: