Thursday, January 15, 2009

Sweatin' to the "Oldies"

After Sunday's long run, I opted to take it easy Monday and spent 15 minutes stretching in the therapy pool at the gym before swimming a couple laps in the regular pool.
Tuesday I was supposed to meet Kristi for an early-morning run and a stint on the stadium steps but Nash woke up at 1:47 a.m. and did not go back to sleep until 5:20. As our scheduled meeting time approached, I realized I wasn't going to be able to "sneak" out the door as my "men" slept after all, so I had already called Krist and cancelled.
The day wasn't a total workout-wash, however, as I went to Debbie's 5:30 p.m. Spinning class. As always, it was a tough workout presented in such a way to make attendees have so much fun they forget how hard they are actually working. The theme was '80s music, which is my coming-of-age decade. We sweated buckets as we raced along hills, valleys and straightaways for 55 minutes while grooving along to Duran Duran, A Flock of Seagulls, Guns-N-Roses, Ratt, Madonna, The Pointer Sisters, Bryan Adams, Whitesnake and so on! It was totally rad, dude, like awesome, ya know!
On another note, I finally went to the new Publix yesterday. While the place is certainly a bit pricier than other area markets, the selection of organic foods and gourmet fare is like nothing we've ever had in Limestone County. How wonderful to be able to make a six-minute drive for sushi, gourmet cheeses and breads, and fresh, organic, "exotic" produce instead of having to make the half-hour trek to Madison! Yea, Publix! Yea!

No comments: