Sunday, July 20, 2008

All Fired Up

As some of you know, I also maintain the North Alabama Runner blog. While updating the race calender just now, I happened across what, apparently, is my 5K PR.
24:32

That was my time in August, 2005 at the Cullman Midnight Run.
Considering that while running last night I hit the 5K mark at 28:46, I'm astounded that I ever ran a 24:32. Go, Me!
Astounded, and chagrined.
Of course, in the ensuing three years, I've gotten pregnant, given birth, and subsequently been mommying for two years and 10 days.
That's not an excuse, though. In fact, the fact that it's been two years & 10 days since I was pregnant, is the opposite of an excuse! That's enough time that I should've established a whole new PR instead of being four minutes off!
In all fairness to myself, though, I did run a 26:35 at Decatur's Frosty Freeze 5K in December 2007. I suppose two minutes off is better than four. Still, I should be doing better than this!
Aaaack!!!

OK. ok.
I'll calm down. All I have to is work my way back down. I know how to do this. I can do this. I will do this.
Whew.
OK.
I'm ok now.
Thanks for weathering my panic, there.

DSL for Saturday, July 19
* Breakfast - whole wheat pasta with marinara sauce & parmesan
* Snack - a banana
* Lunch - two whole grain English muffins with cajun turkey, provolone, lettuce, tomato, mayo & mustard (YUM!)
* Snack - mandarin oranges
* Dinner - a half-cup or so of stir-fried tofu, 6 or 7 black olives & two rice cakes with peanut butter

Ran 3.5 really hot, really sweaty miles.

No comments: