Saturday, July 12, 2008

40 years, 6 days

Ugh.
Gotta cover two days now, since I never got around to posting yesterday.
First, let me just say, I have a 2-year-old. A very busy, very happy, very inquisitive, very brave 2-year-old.




I'm not a stress eater. When I'm really stressed out, I'd rather not eat.
I'm more of an "exasperation eater." Yup. That's me, an exasperation eater who loves Oreos & Doritos.
Toddlers make delightfully fun company as they explore the big, crazy world. But this exploration can also lead to exasperation for mommies, daddies, grandmas, grandpas, aunts, uncles, caregivers and random strangers in the general vicinity at any given moment.
Thursday I was treated to the task of cleaning up scattered and crushed Gerber "nacks" from the floor at Wal-Mart. Then later at home, the sequel: Tigger-Pooh Cereal all across the kitchen floor.
On Friday, an avalanche of Teddy Grahams hit the floor at Kmart, followed by the chips falling where they may as pictured above.
So, instead of blowing my top and emitting a series of primal screams while I ripped great chunks of hair straight from my head, I sat down in the floor with Nash and ate Doritos. And a salty snack always needs a sweet follow, right?
Oreos! Mmmm. (If you haven't tried the new Oreo Fudgees, DON'T!)

Anyway...Today I have to get everything ready for Nash's birthday party tomorrow (including baking the cake) so wish me willpower over the throes of exasperation! Maybe, surely, I'll get in at least a short jog since it's the weekend and Brian's home from work.

No comments: