Monday, July 7, 2008

40 years, 1 day

OK. I didn't include this info in yesterday's inaugural post, but each day I'm gonna include miles ran and/or other workouts as well as a list of what I've munched on for the day. I hope this -- especially the food log -- will prompt me to get my fitness/wellness act together once and for all.

Yesterday: 4 miles at about a 9-minute pace.
Breakfast: one thin slice of homemade chocolate pie.
Lunch: An omelet and a couple of french fries and a scoop of vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce.
Snack: a handful of Doritos & a green Popsicle
Dinner: baked zuchini & yellow squash with whole wheat pasta & parmesan
NOTES: This is actually pretty good, nutritionaly speaking, for me. At least the omelet provided a little bit of protein, which I'm usually lacking because I'm not much of a meat eater.

Today: No miles, no yoga, no nothing unless you count walking back and forth from the laundry room to the various closets in the house.
Sustenance: A frowny face for me: It's 5 p.m. and today I've had one apple slice, half a banana, a handful of Doritos, a couple of french fries and a handful of Kraft Mac & Cheese Crackers. But I'm about to eat cheddar pierogies with sauteed fresh yellow squash and vidalia onions.
NOTES: See, Where's the Protein?

No comments: